Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Music Discovery

Today I am bringing you a new track from Kid Methusela. His soundcloud profile indicates that he is brand new, starting in the summer of 2014, and his music is self-described as "reclusive beats." I don't necessarily know about any of that, but I will say today's shared track is pretty nice.

Luna (ft. The Ella Project) - direct link



I categorize this track as IDM, with a little bit of ambient thrown in. There are some very predictable features, including the NASA radio sample and the croaking frog swamp sounds. The radio sample didn't really bother me, other than that it was a little bit too directly on point. The frog noise did bother me though, I thin ham-fisted is the phrase that comes to mind.

Having said that, there is plenty of good in this one as well. When the beat picks up halfway through, it really moves the song and adds a layer of freshness that is desperately needed. It never falls into pure breakbeat, but it does have the same feel. It will appeal to those who can't get behind the complex dissonance of a true breakbeat track.

Overall, there is a nice, dreamlike quality, and this is overall a great way to spend a few minutes of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment